Shahi masjid chiniot


Chiniot’s  Shahi Masjid (Badshahi Mosque) was built by Nawab Saad UlIah Khan (1595- 1655)  during the regime of Emperor Shah Jahan (1628-58). It was built during 1646 to 1655 AD.  It is an exceedingly handsome edifice of hewn stone obtained from the hills near Chiniot.

The mosque is set on a single-storey podium with perimeter shops. The external façades are distinguished by their prominent decoration and by the four corner towers.

The internal court has an ablution pool and three domes over a gallery bordering the prayer hall. The intervention, mainly minor repairs and redecoration, was important to re-establish the prominence of the mosque within the urban fabric.



















No comments

Powered by Blogger.